Sample Social Media Posts
- Are you ready to be a part of #GivingTuesdayC2C? It’s a day to celebrate all the good going on in our communities!
- Mark your calendars for December 3. It will be a day for everyone to support our campaign at [link to profile page]. #GivingTuesdayC2C
- It’s time to show that our community is full of generosity! On December 3, help us celebrate #GivingTuesdayC2C!
- We’re getting pumped for #GivingTuesdayC2C! Join the conversation by following @StriveTogether and liking the #GivingTuesdayC2C page on FB!
- Get ready to get up and give for #GivingTuesdayC2C on December 3! Follow @StriveTogether to stay updated on the giving movement!
- A little can go a long way when we get together and give together on December 3 for #GivingTuesdayC2C! Join the movement!
- “I don't think you ever stop giving. I really don't. I think it's an ongoing process.” – Oprah Winfrey. Let’s keep the giving going for #GivingTuesdayC2C!
- “My hope is to leave the world a little better for having been there.” – Jim Henson. What will you give to make the world better? #GivingTuesdayC2C
- Save the date: #GivingTuesdayC2C is December 3! You can be part of the celebration by giving to your favorite nonprofit (which we know is us!). Visit https://makeitpossible.strivetogether.org to find out more.
- The real success of #GivingTuesdayC2C will not be how much money we raise but the tremendous impact those dollars will have when nonprofits across the community put them to work! Join the giving on December 3 at https://makeitpossible.strivetogether.org.
- December 3 will be a historic day for everyone to GIVE BIG! You can learn more about StriveTogether Giving Day 2019 and support our campaign at [link to your profile page]. #GivingTuesdayC2C
- Let’s show everyone that our community is full of generosity! On December 3, help us celebrate #GivingTuesdayC2C and continue [explanation of mission/work]
- We’re so excited to be a part of #GivingTuesdayC2C! You can support our campaign by visiting https://makeitpossible.strivetogether.org and donating on December 3. #GivingTuesdayC2C
- On December 3, you will have 24 hours (one day!) to give where your heart is! To support our campaign, go [link to profile page]. #GivingTuesdayC2C
Looking to get the word out with Facebook? This guide will help you get started and on the road to creating a successful strategy. Below is a list of ways you can begin engaging your community for #GivingTuesdayC2C!
Promote your Facebook page. Include a link to your Facebook page on your website’s homepage, newsletters, emails...basically everywhere and anywhere. Ask your staff members, board members, volunteers and donors to like the page and help you promote it.
In your personal account, tag the page and ask your Facebook friends to check it out. Ask employees and board members to do the same.
Talk it up! Post interesting information about your organization and share success stories and photos. Ask your followers questions to engage them in dialogue. Remember to keep posts brief. You don’t want to lose your audience by presenting lengthy updates.
Tell everyone that your organization is participating in StriveTogether Giving Day 2019. Be sure to tell people what it is all about by using some of the suggested messaging above. Let them know how they can donate and ask them to spread the word.
Create a Facebook event. Invite your constituents to be part of StriveTogether Giving Day 2019 so that they can be reminded as the day gets closer AND see who else is participating. Also, tell people to invite others. It doesn’t matter whether or not you are hosting an event onsite; the whole day is worth celebration!
Want to quickly engage donors and share information about your fundraising efforts? Twitter is instant and efficient! If you’re new to Twitter, they offer a getting started guide for newbies.
Below you will find a few tips to help you have success.
Follow @StriveTogether’s Twitter account. Go to www.twitter.com/StriveTogether and click the Follow button. Now you can join the conversation about StriveTogether Giving Day 2019.
Follow other organizations and people. The organizations you follow should be those that you work with or inspire you and your community. You may also consider following donors, board members, volunteers and other community leaders.
Tell your followers that you are participating in #GivingTuesdayC2C. Tell your followers about your campaign and begin to build a story around the initiatives you’d like to support. Use some of the suggested tweets provided.
Use hashtags and handles. Whenever you share information, include @StriveTogether and #GivingTuesdayC2C to further spread your organization’s message. Show that you are a part of StriveTogether Giving Day 2019 by using the hashtag in all of your tweets. People who are interested in a particular event, person or business follow hashtags to stay up-to-date on any conversations around their topic of interest.
Don’t just follow! Become a part of the conversation. Let people know that you are out there and engaged. Respond to tweets like you are holding a conversation. You never know where this may lead.
Share pictures, videos and interesting content. Twitter is not just about your words. Pictures and videos draw people in, and sharing interesting articles about what you and others are doing shows that you are part of a community.
- 10 Twitter Best Practices for Nonprofits
- 10 Twitter Tips for Nonprofits
- 12 Types of Tweets Your Nonprofit Should be Sharing
Tweet, retweet and tweet again!
Looking to harness the power of visual communication? Take advantage of the ability to communicate with your supporters with impactful images and catchy captions. Never used Instagram? Check out Instagram’s “Getting Started on Instagram” guide to set up your account now!
Here’s your Instagram checklist:
Follow StriveTogetherC2C on Instagram. Head to www.instagram.com/StriveTogetherC2C to join the conversation around StriveTogether Giving Day 2019.
Find powerful images. People-centric, positive images will help you draw in new followers. Focus on sharing images that speak to your organization’s mission and your target audience. Canva.com is a great way to take your own photographs or a stock image to the next level. If you want to include important dates, statistics or quotes, Canva lets you add text right on top of the image as well as providing you with a suite of photo editing tools.
Socialize! Like your supporters’ posts, and consider re-sharing posts that stand out and speak to your cause. Showcasing the stories and individuals that propel your organization’s mission will help you gain more followers, recognition and traction in advance of the day. Also take this opportunity to cross-promote by liking and re-sharing other organizations’ posts to boost your visibility.
Use the #GivingTuesdayC2C hashtags, in addition to other creative hashtags. Three to five hashtags per post is the sweet spot. Start with a branded or specific hashtag, like a tagline or fun phrase. Follow this with the name of your organization, then a broader hashtag tied to your cause like #CradleToCareer. Having a succession of hashtags helps with branding! Don’t forget to include #GivingTuesdayC2C.
Create a regular schedule for posting. We recommend posting two or three times per week to stay in your supporters' feeds. If you integrate your Instagram posts with Facebook, you’ll want to consider how your Instagram posts will fit in with your other scheduled Facebook posts.
Host an activity. Photo contests are a great way to include your supporters and make your posts more interactive! Tag a friend posts: ask your supporters to tag a friend in a post. Offer an incentive to encourage more engagement! Take-over: Ask a staff member or supporter to take over your Instagram for a week. This allows you to showcase the individuals that make up your unique community, how they embody your mission and what your organization means to them. Take-overs can help show the impact your organization has on the community.
Have fun! Instagram is a playful platform and the perfect opportunity to let the unique personalities, humor and convictions of your organization shine through your photos, captions and hashtags. Instagram allows you to relate to your supporters, showing them who you are and what you stand for.